Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pan Seared Tilapia





I went into making this dish thinking it wasn't going to be that great, so I didn't bother getting out my camera for every shot. To my surprise, it was one of the best pieces of fish I've ever had. I am often grossed out by fish tasting too "fishy," and this piece of tilapia was so light and was not fishy at all. I think that even Mr. Picky(my fiancé) would like it. It has a nice crisp texture on the outside and the inside remains light and flaky. And to top it off, I made a nice butter sauce from the remains of the pan.






Recipe:

Ingredients
3 to 4 tilapia fillets
1/4 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon of creole seasoning
1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper (less if you don't want it as spicy)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon of garlic Salt


Directions

  1. Mix all of your dry ingredients.
  2. Coat each side of your tilapia fillets with the flour mixture. Make sure to get a good coating on each side.
  3. Warm your olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
  4. Add the tilapia and cover the pan. Let the tilapia brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
  5. Once all the fillets are done, turn your heat on low and add the butter. Try to get all the excess seasoning off the bottom of the pan and mix it into the butter. Once all the butter is melted and mixed, pour it over the tilapia and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment