Monday, November 18, 2013

Zucchini Turkey Burgers



Ask me how many times the smoke alarm goes off when I cook this recipe? Any guesses? Actually, I am not even going to tell you the real answer, because it would make me sound like I can't cook. And heck, I know I can cook... I just can't use the broiler. Sad, I know. I want to blame it on my old cookie sheet, but even I can't stoop that low to make excuses.

Healthy burgers. Yep, that's what this is. When you think of burgers, do you think of a big hunk of meat on a grill? Because I do. I think if I call it a turkey burger, it is a totally different visual.

Where does my mind go when I write this blog? I think I really do have ADD or ADHD. How many ADD people does it take to change a light bulb? ...Want to go ride bikes?

Okay, bad joke. That means it's time to get to the recipe. This recipe was actually adapted from Jamie Eason's LiveFit Recipes: Italian Turkey Burgers. Why? Because Jamie Eason is a BOSS. And, she makes really easy and good tasting food. I decided to mix up the portions and add an onion. So if you compare, I really only used a pound of ground turkey, four zucchini, an onion, and the same spices (just more). Still really, really good and almost a veggie burger. Need a healthy and super easy meal? This. Pick this.


Recipe

Ingredients
1 pound of ground lean to extra lean ground turkey
4 zucchini
1 onion
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper

Directions
  1. Turn on broiler to high. Arrange oven rack to the top or second to top.
  2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Grate the zucchini and onion into a large bowl.
  4. Add the turkey and mix with hands.
  5. Mix in spices.
  6. Form mixture into patties.
  7. Cook in oven for ten minutes, watching carefully (I like mine a little darker, so adjust accordingly). Flip patties over and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes. 
  8. Try not to set off smoke alarm ;-) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment