Monday, November 18, 2013

BACON Chili



You know what I hate? Well, the word hate. So, you know what I strongly dislike? When people feel the need to give an excessive amount of detail to describe the food they are eating. Like my fiance, he does this on occasions. "This hot dog, it has a nice bite to it. There's a good snap and the bun is fresh. The mustard really compliments the grilling taste well." It's a damn hot dog. It tastes like a damn hot dog and nobody knows what's in it. So therefore, it shouldn't be described. So pipe it, Guy Fieri wannabe. I have to take total blame, though. I have shared my obsession with the Food Network with him and he has no choice but to watch every Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives show there every was.

You know what else I dislike? Making bad food. I made a new chili recipe for some coworkers a couple weeks ago and let's just say, it would never be put on the blog. I felt so bad about it that I made cupcakes the next day at work. It was bad because tried to use the Crock-Pot instead of cooking it on the stove. I was lazy. Don't ever be lazy when it comes to cooking. Don't worry this isn't that recipe. Should I tell you who the recipe was by? No, but I will tell you that she likes to use butter. A lot of butter. So moral of the story, don't be lazy and stick to what you know and love. And what do I love? Bacon.

Bacon, BACON, BACONNNNN. Do I have your attention yet? Good, because this chili is awesome! PC and I both dislike beans, so this is a perfect chili recipe! It is definitely his favorite and he requests it weekly. I adapted this recipe from PaleOMG. Yes, if you use the right ingredients, it can be Paleo!


Recipe

Ingredients
2 lbs of ground beef
1 package of bacon
1 onion
3 green bell peppers, or 1 large red and 2 large green peppers
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 (14 oz) cans of fire roasted tomatoes
16 oz of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
3 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of paprika
1-2 teaspoons of cayenne
Salt and pepper


Directions 
  1. Cut the bacon into small pieces... I used kitchen scissors... It is a lot easier.  Put the bacon into the pan and let it brown.
  2. While the bacon is cooking, chop your veggies.
  3. After the bacon is crisp, add the veggies and let them cook down for about 5-10 minutes.
  4. Add meat and spices.
  5. Once the meat is browned, add the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir and let it simmer for 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment