Saturday, September 29, 2012

Homemade A-1 Mushroom Soup


I recently decided to be a vegetarian(No worries, I will still be posting regular recipes). I realized that I was not incorporating enough vegetables in my diet, so I thought it was time for a change. I am not taking it to the extreme, because as you'll see, I am using chicken broth in this soup. So after my decision, I started looking for recipes that wouldn't completely be drab. I came across this mushroom soup recipe on Pinterest and immediately knew that that was something I would be making very soon. I put my own spin on this recipe, because I always like to jazz things up.


Here are the things you will need. 


Start by finely chopping mushrooms so that you will have about two to two and a half cups.


In a sauce pan, heat up a tablespoon of oil. 


Once the oil is heated, add a tablespoon of butter and lightly saute your garlic on low heat.


 Add the mushrooms, thyme, A-1 sauce, bay leaves, and the barbecue seasoning. Stir and cover for 5 minutes on medium heat.


Add the chicken broth. Let simmer for 10 minutes. After time has surpassed, lower your heat and add your flour mixture. Add a dash of nutmeg and salt to taste. Continue to stir until the soup thickens. If you want a thicker consistency, make a little bit more of the mixture and add.

 
Add the milk, stir, and bring to a simmer. Once brought to a simmer, turn off heat. Remove the bay leaves and serve. Top with some pepper and mozzarella cheese.






Recipe:

Ingredients
2.5 cups of finely chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of dried thyme
2 bay leaves
1 cup of vegetable broth
1 tablespoon of A-1 sauce
2 tablespoons of flour dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
1 cup of whole milk
Dash of barbecue seasoning
Dash of nutmeg
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Shredded mozzarella cheese 



 Directions
  1. Heat oil in sauce pan.
  2. Add butter and lightly saute the garlic on low heat.
  3. Add the mushrooms, thyme, A-1 sauce, bay leaves, and the barbecue seasoning. Stir and cover for 5 minutes on medium heat.
  4. Add the chicken broth. Let simmer for 10 minutes. 
  5. Lower your heat and add your flour mixture. Add a dash of nutmeg and salt to taste. Continue to stir until the soup thickens.
  6. Add your milk, stir, and bring to a simmer. Once brought to a simmer, turn off heat. Remove the bay leaves and serve.
  7. Top with some pepper and mozzarella cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment